6 days left
- Part time
The primary aim of this role is to help develop and deliver excellent financial accounting and control for the Trust. You will need to define current processes, facilitate discussions and advise colleagues as to how best practice might be adopted in the definition of future processes in regarding to the production of the statutory accounts.
My client is an Acute NHS Trust based in North London.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Define current processes, facilitate discussions and advise colleagues as to how best practice might be adopted in the definition of future processes;
- Provide key support to all elements of the finance business cycle;
- Provide financial accounting expertise to colleagues including interpretation and application of accounting standards;
- Engage and work with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external supporting business cases and queries;
- Link with managers and members of other functions, to address inter-dependencies and ensure alignment
The ideal candidate for this Senior Financial Accountant role will have:
CCAB (or equivalent) fully qualified;
Specialist knowledge of NHS accounting processes and procedures, NHS financial policies, and financial aspects of current and pending NHS legislation;
Developed communication skills for delivering key messages to a range of stakeholders both internal and external (including outside the NHS) to the organisation, some at very senior level.;
Good presentational skills for conveying complex concepts;
Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term time frames and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly;
Must be able to prioritise own work effectively and be able to direct activities of others. Experience of managing and motivating a team and reviewing performance of the individuals.
On offer to you, as the successful candidate, is: