Leading retail business in the heart of Milton Keynes, looking for a new payroll officer to join their team. An internal promotion has created this opportunity for a payroll officer to join their growing team.
One of the UKs most recognised retail brands based in the heart of Milton Keynes. Recent acquisitions and a large scale merger have increased demand on the payroll function, and this role will play a key part in managing this.
Payroll Officer Responsibilities:
- Support the Payroll Manager in the full running of the Fortnightly and Monthly in-house payrolls
- Reconciliation of payrolls and preparation of journals for posting.
- Ensuring starters and leavers are processed in a timely manner
- Dealing with payroll queries from employees and managers, via telephone and email
- HMRC submissions & reporting Supporting Pensions administration & submissions
- Manage pension contributions
- Maintaining accurate employee and payroll records
- Ensuring relevant payroll information is collated and authorised within tight deadlines
- Assist with any other ad hoc payroll administration duties, when required
Payroll Officer Requirements:
- 1-2 years of high-volume transnational payroll experience essential
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise your own workload with good time management, planning and organisational skills
- Experience of working with computerised payroll systems is essential
- Ability to adapt to change Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, excellent telephone manner Good customer service skills
- Confidence with manual calculations
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current Payroll legislation
- Confidence with statutory calculations including SSP and SMP Strong
- Excel essential; V-Lookups, Pivot Tables etc
- Personable and approachable nature
- A can do attitude and pro-active approach to work and problem solving,
Exciting opportunity for a payroll officer to join one of the top employers in the Milton Keynes market!