Accounts Assistant / Cashier
To assist in maintaining and reconciling a large number of bank accounts and processing all related entries onto the sun and in-house computer system, whilst providing assistance with filing and all other Cashier functions.
Our client, a top 10 UK accountancy firm, is seeking an Accounts Assistant / Cashier to join their rapidly expanding finance team within their City of London office.
- Allocate all Standing Orders and Direct Debits and import to the in-house accounts system.
- To prepare all month intra-group transfers on a monthly basis.
- To complete Bank Reconciliations for all Bank accounts and suspense accounts held within Finance.
- Prepare journals on a monthly basis to be input on to the in-house accounts system.
- Authorising the prepared banking on a daily basis to ensure correct allocation.
- Prepare payment of all foreign invoices on a weekly basis.
The successful candidate will display many qualities, including but not limited to:
- Communication: strong communication skills, particularly telephone manner as there will be communication with the wider business
- Use of IT: thorough competency with Excel for (significant) reporting requirements of role
- Teamwork: able to work as part of a team and provide support in all areas where necessary, in a busy office environment
- Judgement: able to exercise good judgement and support the wider cashier function
- Results Orientation: must be deadline driven through busy periods of the year such as month and year end
An amazing opportunity to join a globally recognised accountancy firm where one is nurtured and supported.