Tax Director - Transfer Pricing
The Grant Thornton Tax & Legal department is a growing team of over 150 specialists with deep industry, sector and technical knowledge. As part of the Tax & Legal department team you will have the opportunity to work across different industries with a diverse range of clients, including sole traders, small and medium sized businesses, high net worth individuals, trusts, partnerships, large corporate and listed companies.
Our Tax teams work across a range of services from routine tax compliance work to high end innovative tax planning solutions. This work requires extensive knowledge, insight and expertise of all taxes so as to provide a seamless, professional and integrated approach to delivering a client centric taxation service. We aim to assist clients in meeting the complex challenges of taxation in respect of business, corporate or personal tax, VAT, customs, international tax, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Intellectual Property (IP), relevant contracts, Research and Development (R&D) tax credits and Revenue audits and/or investigations.
- Promoting Tax both internally and externally; with a focus on Transer Pricing Activities
- Developing relationships across service lines within the business to identify opportunities for cross selling;
- Working with Partners, directors and all staff supporting matters under the TP umbrella
- Providing advice to clients on complex transactions and Transfer Pricing
- Working with clients to optimise Efficient structures
Skills and attributes
- Proficient Tax professional, specifically within Transfer Pricing
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills
- Commercial/business awareness, strong record of winning new business
- A passion for client service
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments
- An ability to think laterally and follow things through
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Minimum of 7 years PQE practical experience of tax
An integral part of the Tax & Legal department is the Corporate Compliance function which works closely with both Tax and Audit in providing an accurate, efficient and responsive service to clients in meeting their corporate compliance obligations. This service includes assisting with the administrative burden of corporate compliance as well as planning for corporate challenges to avoid the risks associated with failure to follow often complex statutory procedures.
For more information check out www.grantthornton.ie/service/tax