Argus Media are looking for an efficient Credit Controller to join our busy Finance team, applying strong communication skills and initiative to chase and manage the collection and payment of outstanding invoices. You will work independently to manage the workload, providing regular updates on your progress against targets.
- Manage payments of the Argus Media Ltd Ledger and Conference invoices to ensure debts are paid in a timely manner
- Manage credit balances to ensure correctly reconciled
- Contact customers by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales to follow up overdue invoices
- Maintain accurate records of all activity,tracking deadlines and reconciling payments
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to arrange payment
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries
- Ledger cleaning and open invoice / receipt matching
- Assist the Credit Control Team with reconciliations and statements
- Provide support to the Subscriptions team as required
Skills and Experience
- Experience of the Credit Control function within a busy commercial environment
- Experience within a subscriptions or conference based business desirable
- Strong communication skills over the telephone and in writing
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong co–ordination and time management skills with the ability to apply initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise and plan work schedule
- Attention to detail
- Good IT skills including Excel and experience using Microsoft Packages
- Self motivated, confident and results driven individual
- Highly organised to manage own workload and efficiently meet targets
- Courteous, friendly and positive
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK–registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly–growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high–performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we'd love to hear from you.