Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London.
Right now, we're seeking an experienced, dynamic Accountant to join our world class team helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
2018 has been a massive year for Adzuna, beyond fantastic growth in our core markets we have won a major UK government contract, completed a Series C fund raise, completed two M&A transactions, and launched a US operation. We are now at the stage where we need to grow the finance team to continue to provide support to the business and cope with the complexity, and transaction volume, of multiple entities and countries. We are profitable and well-funded.
Based in our great Fulham office, you will report to our Head of Finance and work closely with co-founders and the management team, to build on, and implement, the vision for Adzuna. You will work independently in a fast-moving, low-structure environment where you will have the opportunity to learn about a complete business model, and help it grow.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain management and statutory financial accounts for all entities including consolidations
- Process invoice billing and accounts payable in an accurate and timely manner
- Credit collection and payment processing
- Assist with tax and VAT returns
- Assist with audits - including our very first one
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- System and process improvement to help us scale especially with overseas teams
- Support the business teams in their decision making process through analysis and commercial insight
You will be only the second member of the finance team and this is a great opportunity for you to develop and implement the financial processes to help Adzuna grow quickly whilst maintaining a strong level of financial control. We are quick and agile, we don’t want layers of process, and if you are not willing get in and help with routine processing tasks then this is not a job for you. The business is fast moving embraces change and entrepreneurial thinking.
This opportunity offers you the chance to use your existing expertise to help build something to be proud of, whilst becoming a part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe. We offer a supportive working environment, with an emphasis on team-working, mentoring and training.
It's fun and fast moving, and you will learn loads. Join us!
What we offer:
- Market competitive base salary
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and parental leave
- A values-based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Huge learning opportunity from smart, experienced colleagues
- Table tennis table and a program of team social events
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace and bar in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway
More about Adzuna:
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don't have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a Job’, one of the British government’s most used online services.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.