Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner
I'm currently recruiting for a Management Accountant on a temporary contract for 4 months with a national Public Sector organisation based in Swansea.
My client are a National Public Sector organisation with sites across the UK
The Temporary Management Accountant will work with budget holders in ensuring the business understands the financials to make good commercial decisions and drive down costs.
Ensure shared understanding of cost drivers with budget holders and use this data to produce evidence based forecasts.
Ensure accurate and timely consolidation of financial positions
Support controls and governance to manage the resource provision.
Maintain a suitable trail for budget delegations, spend limits, procurement considerations, segregation of duties, compliance with standards and governance requirements.
Ensure financial information provided to managers is robust to enable them to make informed decisions.
The Management Accountant role provides support to the Finance Business Partnering team and manages and maintains internal financial information. The post holder will liaise with budget holders, analyse transactional data, identify trends in income and expenditure to aid forecasting and budget variances, carry out month end tasks and ensure that all financial information available to budget holders and Finance Business Partners is accurate and up to date.
* Provide Business Partnering tasks for some budget holders, this will include monthly meetings with budget holders, advice, support and challenge performance and agree a forecast for the financial year. The forecast will be reviewed and agreed by the Finance Business Partner
* Manage month end tasks, this will include a review and agreement of monthly accruals and prepayments with key directorate staff. A review of actual transactions prior to the closure of the ledger and management of corrective action by posting journal transfers
* Conduct monthly analysis of actual transactional data to recognise trends in income or expenditure and identify budget variances. Liaise with the relevant Finance Business partners to present your findings and where necessary provide information to budget holders to aid the forecasting process
* Manage the salary forecast for your directorates, based on information provided by the Budget Holder, actual ledger transactions and newly approved staff changes from the Central Reporting team. Analysis will be carried out on actual salary costs, to identify mis-postings and recharges where required. The forecast salary by post and cost centre will be based on the forecast headcount (as agreed by the Finance Business partner).
* Manage the recording of all forecasting data on behalf of the Finance Business partner, conducting reconciliation between the various forecast reports and ensuring agreement with the Business partner prior to month end.
* Maintain manual reports required by the Business partner for the recording of actual cost centre balances following the closure of the ledger. Data will be obtained directly from the Finance system(s) and will be reconciled to budget holder reports issued by the Central reporting team.
* To liaise with the other Management Accountants to provide consistency across the six roles. This will include, the agreement of salary forecasting for newly recruited posts (e.g. use of average salary).
* The Management Accountant role will provide general support to the relevant Finance Business Partners by arranging and attending meetings with budget holders. The post holder will be required to cover tasks such as agreement of forecasting in the absence of the FBP at key dates during the month.
* Assist the relevant Finance Business Partner with regard to the production of the long term financial forecast and annual budgets.
Key Skills (Essential):
Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA
Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role.
Experience of using a Financial system
Conveying financial information to non-finance colleagues
Good oral and written communication skills
Financial analysis skills - ability to interpret financial data to identify variances and trends
Experience of building and maintaining internal relationships across the business (with non-finance colleagues)
Key Skills (Desirable):
Experience of SAP Financial systems or Oracle
Experience of conducting month end tasks within a finance environment
Previous experience of Management Accounting, including building and maintaining relationships with budget holders
Knowledge of accounting processes such as Payables and Receivables
an initial 4 month assignment starting ASAP
Salary £332 per day through an Umbrella company (inside of scope IR35)
potential for extension