Trainee Revenue Accountant
Page Personnel are working with a diverse and adapting organisation based in the heart of Bristol. My client have partnered exclusively with Page Personnel to appoint an enthusiastic and progressive individual who will become an integral part of the team as their business continues to rapidly expand in 2019.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is AAT level 3 + to join a growing business that heavily promotes organic growth.
My client, a highly regarded and Bristol famous establishment are based very central and offer a fantastic modern office as well as excellent public transport routes.
The nature of what this organisation do is extremely rewarding and can be discussed in further detail upon application. They are reknown to be a fast-pace and thriving work environment. One would certainly not clock watch during the day! The finance team is made up of progressive individuals who are sociable and often have team nights out.
A fantastic opportunity for a graduate, AAT Level 3+ or PQ with any initial experience to become a revenue accountant.
Initially, this is a 6 month FTC as a trainee revenue accountant with scope for permanent but not guaranteed. With alot going on in the business and due to double their size and finance headcount by 2020, this is a fantastic opportunity for one who is AAT level 3+ qualified to begin their finance career.
The successful revenue accountant will have some form of accountancy qualifications (AAT Level 3 minimum). Below are your predominent duties but not limited to:
- Take responsibility for Revenue accounting ensuring that all contract and ad hoc income is invoiced and accounted for correctly and completely.
- Maintain a record of all revenue contracts, working closely with management accounts and business development to ensure that invoicing is accurate and timely, to ensure strong cash management.
- Liaise with Debt Management to ensure recovery of all debts and with the Cash Management team to record receipts from debtors.
- Review and release the payroll interface files prepared by the Payroll Services provider. Liaise with the Payroll Liaison Manager to pay over third party deductions. Liaise with the Payroll Liaison Manager to help monitor and account for the recovery of salary overpayments.
- Provide statutory and other information required by HMRC and providers of BCH's pension schemes.
- Support the Financial Controller with the preparation of the annual Financial Statements, producing working papers as required on owned and nominated control accounts.
- Input and adherence to the Revenue and Payroll policies and procedures of the organisation to ensure that they continue to be effective
The successful revenue accountant will have a minimum of AAT level 3.
- AAT Level 3 + (minimum)
- A sound knowledge of debits and credits
- An enthusiastic can do attitude
- Commitment to a 6 month contract (minimum)
- A strong initiative
- Excel basic and confident picking up accounting packages
- 1 year experience in a similar role such as accounts assistant or assistant accountant
- PQ Cima or ACCA
- A progressive individual looking to build a successful career
- Someone with knowledge of payroll and revenue accounting
On offer for the successful candidate:
- A handsome salary bracket of £23,000 - £26,000
- Working for a business that is growing very quickly and promotes career progression
- A lovely working environment with central modern offices
- A sociable team in which you would become an integral part
- Study support if and when the role becomes permanent