BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations. We have clients of all types and sizes, in every sector, but that’s only part of the story!
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
We are currently seeking a Manager (permanent position) to join our Audit Team. You will be working as part of an experienced management team, working within a team of 25. Our large portfolio of clients cover a large industry base and we specialise in both international and domestic clients across a wide range of industries to include the non for profit sector & membership bodies, retail, professional services and media industries as well as manufacturing.
• Will be managing the team and coordinating a number of audits i.e. multi-project management
• Will be responsible for audits from planning through to completion and sign off
• Will report directly to partner on engagements
• Will be bringing solutions to table and resolving issues with clients including fee negotiation and cash collection
• Time management, work in progress management, delegation, use of initiative, excellent communication and assertiveness are skills required for this level of management
• Will be involved in delivery of technical training
• Will be working towards departments strategic goals and objectives
• Will be the main point of contact for a range of clients
• Internal relationships are key; requiring a good understanding of the firm’s objectives/strategies, how they impact on the department and the part the job holder and the team plays in achieving them
• Will be involved in selling other services of the firm, looking for opportunities and developing them
• Will be sharing knowledge and experience with others including on the job training of junior team members
• Assisting Partner with preparation of clients’ presentations including preparation of tender documents
• Minimum 3 years PQE
• Will be expected to have competent management skills and behaviours
• Will be technically and professionally qualified including knowledge of FRS100 to FRS102 and IFRS
• Will have a strong market/commercial awareness
• Will communicate budget requirements to junior members of staff