Senior Finance Analyst
Great opportunity for a commercially astute accountant to gain experience within a leading, globally recognised business.
Our client is a globally recognised business with an excellent reputation both in the UK and internationally.
The roles key responsibilities:
- Own monthly financial reporting for the global business. Lead month end calls with markets to understand key drivers of global financial performance and provide insightful commentary to senior stakeholders that tells the story behind the numbers.
- Lead projects to both improve financial planning across the global business and deliver reporting that continues to meet the needs of the business as it expands.
- Support senior leadership with ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Own the relationship with Group Finance; working closely together to ensure the Professional business is a stakeholder in relevant Group Finance reporting initiatives and developments, and to achieve buy in from Group Finance where required to enable the delivery of the Professional reporting roadmap.
- Business partner senior leadership and the commercial team to model their strategic 5yr plan.
For this profile my client will consider candidates from different backgrounds. They are very interested in ACA candidates from a leading firm, either taking a first or second move, who can combine strong technical knowledge with commercial acumen and communication skills. However CIMA qualified candidates with a more proven commercial track record in industry are also highly sought after.
Critical skills and characteristics that will lead to success in this role include:
- Excellent analytical ability - comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Both competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Written communication style is clear and concise.
- Flexible and pragmatic in approach; balances areas requiring focus with recognition of the importance of avoiding unnecessary delays to progress.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive 'can-do' attitude; a problem solver.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner.
- IT skills: proficient in MS Office suite and demonstrable willingness to learn different systems.
Competitive basic salary + 6% bonus