Mixed Tax Assistant Manager - Accountancy Firm
A boutique tax practice are looking for an Assistant Manager to join their team in Guildford. The successful candidate will find themselves working in a vaired role with exciting clients in a friendly, team-oriented environment.
Our client's focus is on providing personalised, friendly expert advice to owner-managed businesses and high net worth individuals. In addition to the day to day accountancy and tax compliance services, they have expertise in areas such as helping businesses grow, tax planning, advising on acquisitions and sales and, succession and exit planning.
This is principally a Corporate Tax role, reporting to the Corporate Tax Principal. The role will provide an opportunity to work on a wide-ranging portfolio of corporate clients and to have active involvement in identifying planning opportunities and providing advice. The duties will include:
- Carrying out tax work in accordance with the Firm's procedures.
- Preparation of Corporate Tax Returns. Dealing with enquiries and assisting staff and Principals.
- Considering tax planning issues.
- Accepting responsibility for a portfolio of clients under the supervision of the Corporate Tax Principal.
- Maintaining a record of Corporation Tax Returns and ensuring all Returns are filed on time.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- CTA qualified (not essential).
- 3-5 years post qualified Corporate Tax experience.
- Experience gained in Practice.
- Previous experience in a management role.
- Ability to work on a portfolio of OMBs, with responsibility for compliance work and identification of tax planning opportunities.
- Evidence of self-generating new work (R&D, capital allowances, etc.).
- Local professional connections.
- History of attending networking meetings.
- Experience of speaking at/attending seminars.
- Good IT skills and a good technical ability.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week's salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro-rata), 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.