Legal Counsel -Legal -Beijing - 20180920001
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Working as a legal counsel in the team, managing the legal security of the bank and providing legal support to the business development of the bank.
Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities /Tasks:
- Assisting the Head of Legal and the China Legal Team in managing the legal risks and providing legal support in China, including but not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing of legal documentation concerning (i) all types of financing business; and (ii) global transaction and payment services matters (such as cash management, cash pooling and supply chain financing activities);
- Providing legal advice and guidance for launching new products and BAU activities;
- Developing, reviewing and updating template documents for business needs;
- Providing regular training to business lines and the relevant support functions;
- Working with the Head of Legal to develop and implement legal policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Advising colleagues working at foreign offices or other functions in relation to PRC law; and
- Assisting colleagues from other offices on cross-border related transactions.
- Assisting the Head of Legal in managing the following:
- reporting exercises to Head Office; and
- performing permanent supervision within the legal department.
- Handling legal works relating to outsourcing, offshoring and material service or supply arrangements;
- Handling legal works relating to human resources matters or employment law issues;
- Handling legal works relating to banking secretary and data related matters; and
- Working on any other projects or ad hoc works assigned by the Head of Legal.
Academic Background(degree and major)
Law Degree from a reputable law school. Legally qualified (PRC law)
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Know how:
Legally qualified in the PRC with approximately 5 years' experience in major banks as legal counsel or in reputable law firms (corporate or banking teams).
Skills & Competencies:
Good communication and interpersonal skills, integrity, ability to work independently and strong team spirit.
Fluent in English and Mandarin. Ability to draft legal documentation in both Chinese and English.
- Creativity, team spirit and commitment
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures