Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for maintaining all procedures and policies as it relates to the Accounts Payable function to ensure adherence to company guidelines. Execution of these duties will be in alignment with our company culture to help drive success by performing the following tasks to the highest standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop–payments or purchase order amendments
- Deposit all incoming checks daily and record the deposits in the accounting books
- Process online payments for all vendors
- Reconcile and pay corporate credit cards
- Manage monthly closing of AP records
- Process 1099's on an annual basis
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Strong communication / organizational skills
- Ability to work in a flexible and production orientated environment
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Proficient PC Skills including (but not limited to) MS Word, MS Excel, & email
- Detailed oriented team player who is adaptable to change
- Ability to understand and interpret invoices, statements and other requests for payment
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and to multi task
- Requires minimal supervision; ability to work independently on assigned tasks and receive directive.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with associates, executive team and third party vendors with a high level of customer service
Education and Experience:
Education: Minimum two year degree or equivalent work experience in a similar environment
Preferred, but not required: Bachelors Degree in Accounting; Working knowledge and experience with Sage / Timberline 300; Construction or homebuilding experience
General knowledge of basic accounting principles a must.