Financial Reporting Accountant
The Bank for International Settlements seeks a Financial Reporting Accountant for its Finance unit. The successful candidate will support the Financial Reporting team of eight members in managing the principal financial functions of the BIS and providing high-quality financial insight and analysis to support the decision-making of the business and development of business strategy. We are looking for a motivated, inquiring, hands-on individual who enjoys investigating financial data and figures with experience in financial reporting (IFRS) and control.
Employment - Duration: 3 years Contract type: Fixed-term
- Completing daily profit and loss reports and working to resolve any issues.
- Analysis of and reporting on the banking business.
- Internal and external financial accounting and reporting for the BIS, its pension fund and its investment pools as well as the various organisations it hosts.
- Participation in the external audit process for all entities.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting to Senior Management and the Board.
- Assisting in the annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assisting in the month-end close processes, including review of journals and reconciliations.
- Ensuring that effective controls are in place to provide for the accurate recording and reporting of all finance-related data.
- Advising on and assisting in the development and maintenance of finance, budget and accounting policies and procedures.
- Involvement in ad hoc reports, analysis and projects, as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Qualified accountant (eg ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA, German Institute of Public Auditors (IDW)) membership or equivalent.
- At least five years’ post-qualification experience in financial reporting and financial control.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with IFRS experience a plus.
- Experience within the financial industry and in-depth knowledge of fixed income and foreign exchange financial instruments.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather, assemble and disseminate data from various sources and formulate the data in the form of reports and analyses for use by the business.
- Deadline-oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recommend and implement process improvements and automation.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English.
The BIS’s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages. All new staff members are recruited on a fixed-term basis without expectation either of any contract renewal or conversion. The contract may however be extended or converted to an open-ended one at the end of the term, subject to organisational needs and individual performance. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.