Legal Advisor - Treasury and Trading Legal and Documentation
The following areas of responsibility and involvement are relevant to this role:
- Supporting the Treasury and Trading businesses in negotiating and managing the trading documentation negotiation portfolio, covering: ISDA Master Agreements (including loan-linked ISDA Master Agreements), Credit Support Annexes and associated documentation (including loan and intercreditor documentation for loan-linked derivatives hedging); transaction confirmations; terms of business and associated trading documentation; GMRA's; and GMSLA's; online platform agreements, master give-up agreements, licences; introducer agreements; confidentiality agreements.
- Where required, providing legal support to projects relevant to the trading space.
- Meeting on a regular basis with stakeholders to ensure priorities and expectations are met and managed, reporting work-in-progress.
- Managing the deal, engaging with the wider ICIB Legal team and external counsel when necessary.
- Carry out legal research on allocated legal tasks.
Core Skills and Attributes
- Technical Competence: paralegal or NQ lawyer able to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge of ISDA, GMRA and GMSLA documentation architecture, and familiarity with core legal and practical issues.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework: Knowledge of the regulatory requirements and framework for trading within relevant geographies where ICIB is active.
- Relationship Management and communication: Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with key interfaces especially, external banks, customers, front office, legal experts and team members.
- Risk Understanding: Ability to assess and interpret legal risks.
- Investec Specific Knowledge: Knowledge of Investec procedures and compliance protocols (to be developed).
Any other attributes
- Self Motivated team player
Will consider flexible/part time working for this role