We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant looking to work for a successful organisation within the Cheshire location. The accounts assistant will be an integral part of the finance team and liaise with all departments across the business. Due to expansion and growth of the team, our client is now looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to come in and hit the ground running. The ideal candidate would be AAT level 2 qualified and have experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
- Check, verify and process purchase invoices
- Dealing with queries on postings from customers and suppliers
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries
- Assist raising sales invoices through Sage 50
- Sending remittances and customer statements
- Allocating payments and receipts
- Reconciling accounts
- Checking / reconciling supplier statements
- Expenses processing (to include coding & tax analysis
- Credit control -Support existing ledger assistant with D&B credit references to ensure adequate credit limits are in place and ad hoc chasing of customer debts
- Support in Other areas, as & when required with general administration tasks
- Ensure the business maintains robust internal controls which will ensure compliance with financial regulations and company group policies.
Our client operates a fun and relaxed environment and believes in core values along with investing in their employees. If you are looking for a new opportunity where you can grow and develop with a large organisation, then this is a great role for you!
The ideal candidate must have Accounts experience, based on the nature of the business we are looking for someone with confidence with a can-do attitude, where no task is too little or too big. You will be the face of the business when it comes to dealing with clients, therefore we need an individual who is professional and business focused who has the ability to be assertive when needed.
- Strong intellect with an ability to rapidly identify key issues, to see the big picture and apply the "common sense" test.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work with a diverse team in terms of seniority, function, etc.
- Able to influence people at all levels of the organisation and secure their buy in and commitment.
- High energy and an ability to demonstrate resilience in achieving goals/targets.
- Attention to detail and an ability to deliver to the highest standard, within rigid timeframes.
- A team player, working from own initiative.
- Responsive and self-motivated.
- Analytical in approach to problem solving.