NO IVORY TOWER TYPES NEED APPLY!
WE WANT YOU TO BRING YOUR SKILLS AND POSITIVE ENERGY
AND COME PREPARED TO MAKE AN IMMEDIATE IMPACT IN OUR ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- Assists the Controller with the day–to–day, monthly, and year–end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department
- including budget review and analysis.
- Performs the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all
- invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
- Reviews and processes employee expense reports and receipts submitted on a monthly basis.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses,
- fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast–to–actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including: bank statements, fixed assets, employer's benefit costs, accruals, and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluates results prepares documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
- Basic supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast–paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem–solving skills.
- Superior attention to detail and impeccable record–keeping.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- Team player skilled at collaborating with other individuals and teams in the organization.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and stay current with developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- 5–7 years relevant experience in corporate accounting
- A background in retail or manufacturing is strongly preferred
Must have a degree in Accounting/Finance, and CMA/CPA or willingness to obtainCompany Description Looking to take the next step in your career?
We have opportunities for motivated employees who are able to make immediate contributions & know how to get things done! The individuals we're looking for will offer experience in their area of expertise & want more than just a job–they want to be a part of a great organization! However, some of the most important things you won't find on a resume: being a team player, being curious, & getting results!