Senior Internal Auditor
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Internal Auditor to join one of the UK's most well known Public Sector organisations.
My client is the leading advisor to the UK government on everything statistical.
Due to a restructure in the Internal Audit department, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Internal Auditor to join one of the UK's leading advisers on statistics to the UK Government.
During a period of rapid transformation that has seen the organisation evolve its technological and data capability, there is a need for an experienced internal audit professional to support in the development of the valued assurance they provide.
- Take a lead on the delivery of all aspects of more complex risk based internal audit assignments. This includes; planning and leading scoping meetings with senior stakeholders to agree a Terms of Reference; completion of audit fieldwork; leading close meetings to agree audit findings; and producing a robust evidence based draft report, in line with quality, time and budget requirements.
- Manage individual and team audit budgets effectively, and proactively identify issues affecting delivery, providing solutions and options ahead of deadlines.
- Undertake reviews of the auditors working papers to ensure the standards of the HIA and professional standards have been met.
- Support the implementation of audit software and the evolution of the audit methodology for the function to meet professional standards and best practice set within government.
- Oversee the production of MI for Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
- As part of the ongoing transformation, look to continuously improve your own development and that of the wider team, nurturing talent and looking for opportunities to develop staff needs.
- Play an active role in developing relationships with senior stakeholders and across the organisation in order to gain business intelligence and promote the role of Internal Audit.
Some travel is required between sites.
- Relevant Professional qualification (CCAB qualified accountant or CMIIA). Would consider part qualified, depending on experience
- Experience in developing and delivering internal audit assignments from planning through to reporting, with an ability to think laterally around the audit area.
- Strong experience in the delivery of project, programme and finance related audit
- Strong track record in delivering and presenting high quality internal audit reports
- Experience of supervising staff to support delivery of internal audit assignments
- Experience of working effectively in large, complex organisations
- Experience of influencing and working with a wide range of stakeholders to develop effective governance, risk management and internal control arrangements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidence and personal credibility to build relationships
- Demonstrates sound judgement in responding quickly to fast moving priorities
- CISA (or equivalent) and/or experience of risk based internal auditing of IT systems and processes
- An accredited counter fraud qualification and/or experience of conducting fraud investigations
A Basic Salary of £35,200 - £42,000
A civil service final salary pension
37 hours based on flexible working
excellent holiday allowance
free onsite parking
onsite gym, coffee shops and childrens nursery