Finance and Governance Manager
GBP38K – GBP40K – 35 hours a week
Leading Commutations Non for Profit Organisation
Reporting to: CEO
Early applications are encouraged
CharityComms is a thriving membership network of over 4,000 communications professionals working in UK charities. Our vision is for effective and inspiring communications to be at the heart of every charity's work for a better world. We're here to help raise the standards of comms across the sector, to fly the flag for communications as a vital strategic function at the heart of charities, and to connect communications professionals through sharing best practice. We represent, support, inspire, connect and inform our members and the wider charity communications community.
About this role:
- CharityComms is looking for an experienced finance and governance manager to lead these functions within the organisation.
- Lead, deliver and develop the finance and governance management functions at CharityComms
- Establish and maintain smooth financial processes for the organisation
- Ensure CharityComms is legally compliant and has sound governance
Finance and Governance
- To report to the CEO, Board of Trustees and finance sub–committee in the area of finance and governance and risk management, including preparation of meeting papers
- To ensure CharityComms' financial affairs are maintained and managing in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with good practice
- To undertake all aspects of financial management and control, including monthly and annual income and expenditure budgeting, forecasting, reporting and producing management and statutory accounts in accordance with SORP and legal requirements
- To act as Company Secretary and Trust Secretary
- To be responsible for liaising with:Auditors, bankers, insurers, investment managers and legal advisors. HM Revenue & Customs, Charity Commission and Companies House
- To undertake financial processing (accounts received and accounts payable, debt collection), using SAGE
Legal issues and operational effectiveness
- To manage all legal issues relating to CharityComms and the premises at 2–6 Tenter Ground, including dealing with licences, statutory bodies, data protection and health and safety regulations.
- To oversee contracted services and review the efficiency and cost–effectiveness of CharityComms operations, including IT systems.
Human Resources – To administer CharityComms human resources function, working with our HR Service provider, and to keep up to date personnel files and relevant policies (e.g. Personnel, health, privacy, safety etc)
The post holder should have an accountancy qualification and experience of the voluntary sector, as well as a hands–on approach that suits our small and dynamic team.
Please get in touch before the closing date to avoid disappointment.
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your CV via the button below or call on to have an initial chat about the position.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 29th June 2018