Grant, Income and Funding Accountant
This Bedford based Grant, Income and Funding Accountant will be tasked with preparing grant and trust applications, leading on research whilst developing internal and external relationships and monitoring and reporting on grants and funding
This Bedford based Group are keen to build upon their current income and Funding predominately incoming from Grants. With links across numerous sectors they are commercialising their finance function and looking to maximise profit making opportunities so someone with prior grant applications experience would be highly beneficial
Grant, Income and Funding Accountant duties and responsibilities;
- To develop and submit compelling cases to major trusts or other grant bodies which have the potential to give significant sums of money to support projects.
- To prepare and maintain a cashflow of grant income
- To ensure that the Group is generating sustainable income from trusts and other grant givers by securing multi-year grants from trusts and foundations in addition to one off gifts.
- To ensure all applications meet the Group aims and objectives.
- To ensure all funding raising activities meet the Financial Regulations and other financial regularity policies.
- To prepare cases of support with robust budgets, case studies and insightful impact analysis.
- Match business needs with funding available.
- Develop and maintain personalised relationships Trusts and Foundations, major donors and businesses where appropriate to enhance income opportunities.
- To work in partnership with the Marketing and Business Development teams to create and develop relationships with businesses.
- Monitor expenditure against grant and trust criteria.
- Assist in the preparation of notes for the financial statements.
- Produce accurate and timely reports to Trusts, Foundations and Grant holders on progress of projects and expenditure.
- Prepare an annual fundraising report for the Board.
- Identify how funding has been used to support and strengthen the group's aims and objectives and enhance customer offerings
- Ensure cover is provided within the Finance Team.
- To undertake any other associated duties as determined by the Commercial Accountant
Grant, Income and Funding Accountant experience;
- Preparing grant information and/or managing grant returns.
- Implementing changes.
- Experience of working in a Finance related role at an equivalent level within a complex organisation.
- Presenting financial information and leading financial discussions with senior management
- Identifying opportunities for change and successful management of the change process
- Experience of dealing with challenging stakeholders.
- Significant experience of applying financial management procedures and controls.
- Comprehensive experience of reconciliation work and preparing reconciliations
- Experience of working with and advising non-financial managers on financial control matters
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience of understanding how to promote equality and diversity within the job role
- Preparing and processing inter-company transactions
- Experience of identifying and delivering finance training
- Knowledge of year end accounts preparation, including accounting standards and principles and preparation of income and expenditure accounts and balance sheet
competitive package including great professional development opportunities with study support and management/leadership development courses. Flexible benefits and great career prospects