The Group Accountant will be responsible for delivering the finance strategy, improving processes and ensuring a strong control environment.
This Group Accountant will deputise the Financial Controller and act as a point of contact and support for the finance function when required.
Our client is a fast growing Private Equity backed technology business who have consistently shown growth in the last 5 years. With head quarters in Birmingham and ambitious growth plans, they are able to provide the successful individual with fast career progression, excellent exposure to CFO and the board as well as the ability to work in a 'share your ideas' environment.
The Group Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Ownership of Group Consolidation for P&L and Balance Sheet
- Monthly results consolidation and submission to Board in the agreed format including commentary and analysis
- Preparation of group VAT returns and review of divisional returns
- Management of submission of tax computations and provisioning
- Preparation of individual statutory accounts under IFRS
- Preparation of Group accounts at year end and half year
- Consolidation of Budget for P&L, B/S and C/F and preparation of analysis thereon for presentation to Board and non-finance budget holders
- Preparation of budget for head office companies
- Provide technical accounting advice to the businesses as required on one-off or unusual transactions
- Assist with quality review of divisional management accounts (compliance with GAAP and group accounting policies)
The successful Group Accountant will need to have the following:
- A recognised finance qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent
- A 'can do' attitude
- Strong track record of delivering process improvement
£40,000 - £60,000 + benefits