Business Analyst/ Project Lead
DSD Laboratories is currently seeking a highly qualified professional to lead/manage/coordinate the execution of new application development. This individual will coordinate tasks and assist in identifying gaps, collaborating with key subject matter experts to document requirements, and will manage expectations and communications with end–users, developers, and the functional community throughout the project(s) lifecycle.
This position requires the candidate to be a key communicator, tactful diplomat and critical problem solver. Candidate will collaborate with key functional stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure software requirements are adequately defined, detailed and documented for successful execution and deployment.
Candidate will also assist in reviewing relevant policies, identify and documenting requirements, supporting prioritization and scheduling activities, and recommend courses of action to reduce organizational risk, and meet strategic objectives and functional requirements. Candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, managing all testing and deployment activities, following checklists, standard practice, and processes.
Activities include participation in development lifecycle milestones, project review meetings and documentation reviews to ensure requirements are satisfied, designed, tested and successfully deployed. The candidate is responsible to ensure results are integrated and interoperable with related projects and production capabilities.
Candidate will act as the liaison between AF functional champions, subject matter experts and the application development team to interpret, decompose, analyze, document and manage software requirements. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, coordination with multiple functional communities to adjudicate requirements, business logic and other documentation for approval and sign off.
Candidate will also assist with writing customized Business Intelligence (BI) queries that require creating variables, merging dimensions, scheduling reports and describing/creating joins.
This position requires that the candidates have a flexible work style, with the ability to adjust priorities, respond to short–turn requests, and yet maintain focus on project success. Preferred individual will be self–motivated, with a high energy level, and a proactive work ethic.
This position will directly support the Headquarters AF/A4PA (Portfolio Advocacy Management Division, DCS/Logistics, Engineering, & Force Protection) at Wright–Patterson AFB, OH.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Requires strong organizational skills and action–oriented personality; experience leading tasks, tracking actions across multiple organizations.
- Requires experience using continuous process improvement methodologies, tools, techniques (Green Belt, Black Belt); and using AFSO–21 tools/techniques.
- PMP, AGILE, SCRUM Certification a huge plus.
- Requires experience with IT systems and infrastructure management; facilitation, documenting requirements, drafting policy recommendations, and writing minutes.
- Requires familiarity with IT fundamentals (software development life cycle, technical design, and requirements documentation); prior experience in system or technology analysis (e.g., RFID, Internet of Things), compliance, or portfolio management a plus.
- Candidates with recent and relevant U.S. Air Force Logistics experience are ideal
- Requires functional experience/understanding of the AF supply chain management, to include legacy wholesale/retail systems (e.g. Standard Base Supply System (SBSS)).
- Functional experience/understanding of AF maintenance processes, to include legacy wholesale/retail systems (e.g. Information Management Data System) is a plus.
- Experience/understanding of Logistics, Installations and Mission Support – Enterprise View (LIMS–EV) capabilities such as Weapon Systems View, Fleet Asset Status, Supply Chain Management View, Vehicle View, etc. is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem–solving abilities backed by solid writing and communication skills; must operate constructively and effectively with project end–users, customers, advocates, and stakeholders.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Business Objects (BOBJ), Cognos, Tableau); experience with query development and troubleshooting; ad–hoc report creation and related skills is a definite plus
- Analytical and problem–solving skills and a thorough understanding of how to interpret AF business needs and reporting, and translate them for execution and deployment
- Requires power user skills in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Working knowledge of enterprise data warehousing, application hosting, enterprise service bus and AF Portal are beneficial
BS / BA degree required
DoD SECRET clearance required. Estimated travel is ~5%.
DSD Labs is an EOE and AA employer
???Company Description DSD Laboratories, Inc. (DSD) is a certified ISO 9001:2008,
CMMI–SVC Maturity level 3, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), founded in 1978. DSD Labs is a company that has an excellent mix of experienced, senior–level managers with aggressive,skilled technical specialists who focus on customer satisfaction to meet
our many Government and commercial customer expectations.
NAICS Codes : 511210, 541511, 541512, 541519, 541330, & 541712
DSD Laboratories is headquartered in Sudbury MA.
with multiple offices located within the United States
DSD is an independent company with excellent benefits and opportunity for growth.
DSD is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer