Senior Business Analyst / Buyer
Position is located in Galt, Ca. The Buyer is responsible for optimizing inventory performance in relation to the division's sales, inventory dollars and inventory turn goals by effectively utilizing systems and information for demand planning and decision making. This position works closely with the sales and operations teams to regularly communicate and address issues regarding supply, demand and other product related issues.
- Monitors and addresses inventory levels and turns
- Issues purchase orders to restore inventory levels
- Communicates and negotiates transactions, including price, terms, and conditions with suppliers
- Builds and sustains supplier relationships
- Serves as a liaison between the sales team and suppliers
- Negotiates pricing, shipment arrival times, and other questions and concerns
- Develops and implements plan to disencumber company of slow selling products
- Provide feedback and suggestions for the appearance of product packaging
- Communicates and negotiates with suppliers to obtain marketing support
- Communicates to management regarding supply issues and utilizes systems to analyze inventory levels and will make min/max purchasing decisions
- Sustains extensive product knowledge and acts as a support system for the sales team
- Maintains product files in ASW
- Notifies sales representatives of product availability and price changes
- Informs management and the Pricing Department of product price changes for implementation
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Company Description BMD is 100% employee owned!
Employee Owners share in the company's profitability through its Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). The ESOP ownership concept starts at orientation and continues throughout the Employee Owner's career at BMD. The Company supports a collaborative team work environment, open two–way communication, balanced family–work life, and performance–based recognition and rewards.
Since becoming an ESOP organization in 1991, BMD has earned various awards and has been recognized by the ESOP community both regionally and nationally. Annually we recognize a select group of employees who exemplify employee ownership and serve as role models for others. We also provide hands–on and financial support to our communities.
Two Retirement Plans:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(K) Plan with a Company Match
Long–term Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Plan (FSA)
Paid Time Off:
College Scholarships for Dependents
Discounted Product Purchases
Employee Referral Program
Length of Service Awards