General Ledger Accountant
Our organization specializes in evidence–based substance abuse treatment, integrating a trauma–informed, recovery–oriented systems of care model with emphasis on medication–assisted treatment. We believe that better outcomes are achieved when you treat the whole person, an approach that engages each individuals' full range of physical, psychological, social, relational and spiritual potential.
Top "Must Have" Skills for This Job:
- 1. Associate's Degree with Business, Accounting or Finance concentration required. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 2. Minimum 3–5 years' progressive experience in general ledger accounting, bookkeeping positions.
- 3. Experience with Bill.com and Expensify accounts payable and expense reporting systems a plus.
- 4. Proficient in computerized payroll and accounts payable system operations and management.
- 5. Proficient in all aspects of general ledger accounting, including accruals, account coding and expense allocations and reconciliation.
Tell Me About this Job:
Is a key member of the accounting department, performing general accounting and bookkeeping functions, preparing transactional journal entries and periodic accrual accounting entries in the company accounting system. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for performing all biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger accounting functions, including account reconciliation, balance sheet accruals and general ledger oversight. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for coordinating with Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialists to properly record all payroll and accounts payable expense transactions.
Top Reasons to Love This Job:
- 1. Small company feel
- 2. Work closely with senior finance leadership
- 3. Strong growth planned, leading to opportunity for personal and professional growth
- 4. Value–based mission focused on helping population in need
- 5. Flexibility around personal schedule needs
- 6. Committed team environment