JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP is seeking an ACCOUNTANT I for one of our premier Aerospace clients in Valencia, CA.
Job # 365983
Key facilitator for all month–end accounting activities for the Valencia Site.
- Participates in month end close activities, including analysis for journal entry preparation while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Participates in month end activities via communications and issue resolution, including bringing issues to management's attention before they affect productivity.
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation with a focus on operational efficiencies and accounting compliance
- Analyzes and prepares communication of internal and external month end reporting (including standard reports and analytics.)
- Provides user support for systems/programs to both internal and external customers.
- Assists in resolving issues and answering questions for internal and external customers and prepares ad hoc reports.
- Prioritizes workload as established by management and refocuses efforts to accomplish objectives independently, accurately and timely.
- Leads and/or participates in multiple projects, including the development of comprehensive project plans and completes assignments within established timelines.
- Maintains current desktop procedures for assigned responsibilities and ensures others are cross trained within the department.
- Participates in workflow and system enhancement design and implementations, and ensures proper testing of related system revisions are within department standards.
- Performs/supports required Sarbanes Oxley testing and provides related schedules and support to internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of experience in a Finance related function preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organization and oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of internal controls (and Sarbanes Oxley as applicable)
- Knowledge of financial/accounting systems
JSG growth throughout the years has extended to offices throughout the nation. We serve multiple industries from our offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Our success is widely driven by our full–service approach.
JSG's clients include Fortune 100 companies as well as Pre–IPO Technology companies. We provide a wide variety of job opportunities to our applicants and employees.