Construction Accountant Manager CPA
The Accountant Manager will be responsible for all accounting duties related to specific jobs or projects assigned to them. Additional, as required, they will assist with the general accounting duties of the company and provide administrative support for project site.
- Prepare time and material invoices accurately and timely, utilizing a variety of time and material billing rate schedules and including complete support documentation, to ensure prompt payment.
- Prepare lump sum/percent complete invoices, including assisting Project Management with the preparation of Schedules of Values.
- Execute client support documentation, including Lien Waivers, Change Orders, Purchase Orders, Project Pay Apps, to be included with invoices, as required, to ensure prompt payment.
- Review, verify and input project cost items and budgets.
- Verify subcontractor payment requests and report requests approved for payment.
- Ensure that all costs comply with job budgets, approval, project reporting and operating procedural requirements.
- Analyze job to date cost vs. budgets and prepare related reports.
- Review cost and variances with Project Managers and Controller.
- Discuss other project\accounting issues with project staff.
- Review subcontract and contract agreements and related changes
- Interface with subcontractors concerning payment status, lien or insurance deficits and joint check requirements.
- Provide assistance on miscellaneous general and administrative expense monitoring and input.
- Manage document control
- Ensure monthly fixed payments, insurances, and other financial related documents are current
- BS or BBA in Accounting highly preferred. May consider degrees in Finance and Business Administration– depending on the number of Accounting hours taken.
- Mastery Degree of Accounting is highly preferred.
- Must have 5 years of commercial construction, manufacturing, or related field accounting experience
- Must be proficient in usage of computerized software packages, including Timberline.
- PA Preferred
- ???Certifications preferred
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting principles
- Detail oriented with good math skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have ability to work in a team–oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Perform and Manage Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable
Company Description With 83 years of family entrepreneurship, the legacy continues with Con–Real establishment in 1979. Since our beginnings as a construction consultant firm, we aimed to help small and minority contractors and today we are now proudly one of the most established, owned, and managed full–service construction and real estate African–American firms. Con–Reals commitment of meeting the needs of clients throughout Texas, the Southwest, as well as throughout the United States has given us the reputation as a premier organization with experience in over 3,000 projects including entertainment, commercial, hospitality, educational, industrial, and technology facilities. Con–Real's headquarters is proudly based in Arlington with additional permanent offices located in Dallas, Houston, Little Rock, and San Francisco.