SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT - MANUFACTURING
SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT – Manufacturing
Odessa, Texas – Relocation Assistance Available
Salary Commensurate with Skills & Experience
Highly successful oilfield process equipment manufacturer seeks a Senior Cost Accountant for it's Odessa, Texas office location. The incumbent will work with the Controller and manufacturing team to establish standard costs, monitor variances, report results, track work order activity, track inventory (RM, WIP & FG) and conduct analysis to enhance business results.
• STANDARD COST: Provide recommendations and support process to develop and maintain standard cost data in ERP, to include preparation of labor and overhead rates and material standards.
• MANUFACTURING OVERHEAD AND ALLOCATIONS: Provide support to develop and track overhead rates and allocation methods.
• FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & INTERNAL CONTROLS: Conduct proactive analysis and interpretation of operating performance in manufacturing areas and maintain documented flowcharts of inventory process flows.
• MONTH–END CLOSE: Support monthly financial statement close process through reconciliation of applicable assigned general ledger accounts. Monitor operating performance and conduct variance analysis.
• INVENTORY OBSERVATION AND CYCLE COUNTS: Team with operations to monitor accuracy of inventory through physical observation and/or cycle counts.
• WORK ORDERS: Team with operations to ensure work orders are created and closed on a timely basis.
• BUDGETING: Support calculation of annual budget for inventory and cost of sales. Monitor and explain budget variances throughout the year.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related.
• 5+ years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Understanding of US GAAP, Cost Accounting and Inventory concepts (LIFO, FIFO, var/fixed, and std. cost).
• Manufacturing software experience highly desired.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Bill of Material, routing, and manufacturing overhead cost.
• Advanced Excel skills. Must have ability to: (a) write reference formulas including index/match, array formulas, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP (b) write logic formulas (c) summarize data (d) report information in a meaningful format.
• Background using SQL is a plus.
• Advanced analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
Company Description Looking for an Energy Sector Job?
Your future starts now. J MAR's clients include global banks, PE firms, and public/privately held energy companies. As a respected leader in energy search and recruiting, we place talented professionals throughout the U.S.
J MAR specializes in:
•E&P Upstream and Midstream
•Oilfield Services and Manufacturing
•Private Equity & Investment Banking
We value your confidentiality and do not share your name or information with client companies without your consent. Submit your resume online and let J MAR help you find your next job opportunity.