The Accounts Payable / Receivable Administrator works within the Company's Billing Department. This department is responsible for all aspects of the Company's Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes as well as provides analytical support for the Company's CFO. Under the guidance of the Director of Billing Services, the individual works closely with many departments, including Sales, Production, Management, Finance, and Legal to ensure projects are being contracted, revenue is being collected, invoices are being paid, and all transactions are being properly recorded.
• Assist with contracting new client projects
• Invoice customers for services performed as well as monitor outstanding balances; raise awareness with client billing challenges
• Collect payments and update A/R balances accordingly
• Enter invoices, generate Purchase Orders and track all vendor payments
• Facilitate staff expense reimbursements
• Prepare month and year–end reconciliations and summaries for review and feedback
• Research, analyze, and resolve payment and vendor/client issues; will require dialogue with vendors and clients, both electronic and over the phone
• Review expenditures to ensure appropriate use of Company resources and act as a good steward
• Assist with completing special projects when needed
• College degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred
• 2 years' experience in a similar role
• Strong attention to detail and ability to react quickly to priority changes
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel, and other invoicing systems
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Out–of–state and overnight travel is possible.
Please submit resume in PDF format to
Please no calls or drop offs.Company Description Light Iron is a post production company specializing in on–site dailies, digital intermediate, archival, and data services for projects originated on file–based motion cameras. With facilities in Hollywood and New York City, Light Iron serves feature film, episodic television, commercial, and web–bound projects at both the independent and studio level. Light Iron delivers post production workflows that minimize time, maximize image fidelity, and increase filmmakers' creative control over their projects.