The Information Technology Department is responsible for establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services, as well as ensuring that all IT initiatives support HSF's goal of being the leading and most reputable non–profit organization in the US.
The primary purpose of the Business Analyst will be to design business information systems, and incorporate new systems or processes to improve company work–flow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness. This individual will also be expected to maintain current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology and to assist in the day–to–day operations and technical needs of the broader organization. The ideal candidate will be open to working in a startup type of environment, with the energy to work high–level to lower–level tasks, as needed, and be self–motivated.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Assess Process reengineering opportunities
- Design Change management activities
- Train staff on systems
- Gather requirements
- Work with off–site development teams to coordinate product delivery
- Conduct Testing & UAT sessions
- Manage exceptions and Data cleansing activities
- Lead projects, use project management software to manage tasks
- Assist with onboarding/off–boarding and user provisioning administration
- Manage IT and process improvement projects
- Manage Salesforce environment
- Configure business applications: MIP, SalesForce.com, CMS, Luminate CRM
Experience in the following:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high–level information into details, abstract up from low–level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Experience in using enterprise–wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using standard English
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives, simultaneously
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements. Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers, or independently, as the project lead
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team, or selected vendors through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units and technology teams.
- Liaise vendors
- Additional responsibilities, as needed
- Collaborate with the other functional teams within the broader HSF organization
- BA or BS from an accredited University
- 2+ years' experience in Business Analysis, or Business Process Modeling and QA testing, with at least 1 year experience leading or being part of a project
- 2+ Years of Salesforce configuration experience
- Must be self–motivated and possess the ability to execute with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of fellow team members, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Comfortable managing non–direct reports and influencing others to meet deliverables
- Agile development methodology and experience with systems analysis and design
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks/projects, juggle changing deadlines, provide structure to team, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems, while prioritizing project needs
- Effective and excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organization skills, strong listening skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work–related information and materials
- Basic understanding of SQL and ability to write simple SQL queries
- Ability to map business processes, diagram data flows, and gather and use business intelligence
- Experience with CRM, CMS, sequel, and end user training documentation
- Configuration skills for MIP, Salesforce.com, and Luminate CRM
- Certifications: ITIL V3,Business analysis
- Salesforce administrator license preferred
- Flexible to work weekends and/or extended work days, as required
- Cross–functional team member
- Ability to work in a start–up type of environment where information is not always structured and/or routinely available
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires:
- Constant sitting or standing,
- Some walking around, and
- Occasionally lifting no more than 10 lbs.
To Apply: email resume and cover letterCompany Description Who We Are/What We Do
Founded in 1975, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund empowers Latino families with the knowledge and resources to successfully complete a higher education, while providing scholarships and support services to as many exceptional Hispanic American students as possible. HSF strives to make college education a top priority for every Latino family across the nation, mobilizing our community to proactively advance that goal – each individual, over a lifetime, in every way he/she can. HSF also seeks to give its Scholars all the tools they need to do well in their course work, graduate, enter a profession, excel, help lead our nation going forward, and mentor the generations to come. As the nation's largest not–for–profit organization supporting Hispanic American higher education, HSF has awarded over $500 million in scholarships and provides a range of impactful programs for students, HSF Scholars, Alumni, and parents. For more information about the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, please visit HSF.net.