Business Services : Accounts Assistant
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing training firm who are looking to expand their business services department.
My client is a well established and growing accountancy practice. Having recently appointed a number of new partners to the firm the business is now looking to expand their Business Services division.
The practice is a well established accountancy practice who have recently won professional awards for their service to their clients. They are a full training practice and offer a fantastic platform for up and coming accountants to develop their skill sets to becoming a fully qualified accountant.
They have a vibrant and dynamic office where the culture is second to none.
- Basic accounts preparation assignment from start to finish
- Assisting in the production of accounts for a range of clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Assistant role on audit assignments, taking responsibility for tasks and/or areas assigned
- An understanding of tax computations and preparations of them
- Carry out ad hoc work whether its Management Accounts, VAT returns or bookkeeping
- Understand the firm's accounts preparation software and paperless assignment system
- Finish an assignment to a standard ready for manager/partner review
- Provide training to clients on computer bookkeeping packages and general bookkeeping advice, bank reconciliations, correcting postings etc., posting opening balances etc.
- Communicate with clients when carrying out assignments
- Experience within an accountancy practice
- AAT Qualified or at the latter stages of AAT or ACCA Part Qualified
- Provide a high quality of service to clients
- Take responsibility to ensure assignment is completed within the time allocated for the job
- Work to time and budget
- Project a professional image
- Understand the products that the firm offer and understand when to mention these to clients
- Attend external networking events
- Identify new business and cross selling opportunities
- Flexible approach to work
- Good attention to detail
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills
Competitive Salary for the successful candidate