Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Business AnalystJob ID71797LocationUS–PA– MechanicsburgExperience (Years)8CategoryInformation ServicesStreet Address4714 Gettysburg RoadCompanySelect MedicalPosition TypeFull Time–Regular
Select Medical began operations in 1997 and has grown to be one of the largest operators of specialty hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States based on the number of facilities. As of September 30, 2017, Select Medical operated 101 long–term acute care hospitals and 22 acute medical rehabilitation hospitals in 28 states and 1,604 outpatient rehabilitation centers in 37 states and the District of Columbia. Select Medicals joint venture subsidiary Concentra operated 312 centers in 38 states. Concentra also provides contract services at employer worksites and Department of Veterans Affairs community–based outpatient center. At September 30, 2017, Select Medical had operations in 46 states and the District of Columbia. Information about Select Medical is available at selectmedical.com.
The Senior Business Analyst performs daily task management and support for projects related to the implementation and integration of inpatient applications in association with clinical and business operations. This position is responsible for defining and executing project plans, defining requirements, documenting system processes and procedures and supporting end users in day–to–day operations.Development activities may include system upgrades, application updates, and programming/configuration changes. The Senior Business Analyst will act as a liaison between customers, vendors, and internal support teams.This position must be able to communicate effectively with other IS resources dedicated to supporting systems development issues and projects. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for delivering a high quality of customer service.
As a lead and mentor in the department, the Senior Business Analyst may provide direction to other Business Analysts and Business Specialists on best practices for the completion of tasks. Often, the Senior Business Analyst will be assigned to more complex and larger projects and will be required to interact with more senior business contacts.Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring successful integration and/or implementation of applications.
- Define and document requirements for system processes and procedures.
- Define and execute project plans.
- Gather information from other project team members as necessary and report/conduct status meetings and provide documentation on the tasks and issues on a regular basis to project stakeholders.
- Completesystem upgrades, application updates, and programming/configuration changes, as needed.
- Support end users in day–to–day operations, as needed.
- Creation of training and user manuals.
- Conduct user training sessions when required.
- Develop reports, upon request, utilizing various report–writing tools in all applications.
- Act as a key contact for all support questions during project implementations and provide secondary support, once implementation is complete.
- BS or BA degree in Business Systems or Computer Science or equivalent education and experience is preferred.
- 8 years of information systems experience.
- Project Management/Lead experience is preferred.
- Requires superior teamwork skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must.
- Excellent analytical and problem–solving skills are essential.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Another fifteen medical rehabilitation hospitals in our network are custom designed for patients who have survived critical injuries but are ready for more intensive rehabilitation.
Select Medical also offers nearly 1,000 outpatient clinics for patients in need of physical rehabilitation. These clinics provide physical therapy, hand therapy, low back rehabilitation, work injury management, sports performance and other specialized services.
For our business partners, we combine all of this expertise to offer highly specialized business solutions, including contract therapy, work injury management, and more.