Head of Shared Services - Charity
Michael Page is working with the Director of Finance in a leading local charity to support with the recruitment of a Head of Shared Services.
Our client is a dynamic and forward-thinking charity focused on improving the lives of those that it makes contact with. Based in Derbyshire but with a national reach, the organisation is looking to attract the best talent on the market for the finance function to ensure the business is empowered to deliver effective services.
The Head of Shared Services role is a newly created role that will sit on the Senior Management Team and will own the management of income, cash and treasury for the entire organisation. The position will have 30+ indirect reports and as such a key deliverable for the successful candidate will be to create an effective structure to support the business to deliver effective services. This role will collaborate with the financial accounting and FP&A team but will be completely accountable for:
- Recruiting, motivating, appraising and supporting a large workforce (30)
- Administration of the cash allocation and treasury
- Debt collection and credit control functions
- Setting and administering KPIs for staff
- Driving efficiencies and process improvement
The ideal candidate for the Head of Shared Services role will be a talented people manager with excellent communication and organisational skills. The individual is preferred to have the expertise of high volume processing and improving process. This role will form a critical part of the finance chain, creating clarity over income and revenue.
My client is also looking for:
- A professionally qualified Accountant (ideally professionally trained ACA or ACCA)
- High levels of empathy, leadership and coaching skills
- Exposure to large complex teams
- Excellent communication skills
£50,000 - £65,000 + Benefits