Senior Tax Specialist
My client is an international accountancy firm.
My client is an independent professional services firm which looks after the affairs of a portfolio of businesses and private clients worldwide. Services offered include taxation, audit, accountancy and outsourcing, company and trust management, and corporate finance.
The highly experienced team includes qualified chartered accountants, tax planners, chartered secretaries and bankers. The firm has 100+ employees with offices in London, Bristol, Isle of Man, Dubai and Dublin.
I am looking for an experienced tax professional to contribute to the development of my clients growing Tax Department in an advisory capacity with involvement in compliance matters.
The Taxation team deals with a mixed portfolio of UHNWI and corporate clients with tax matters ranging from corporation tax, personal tax, OMBs, land tax transactions and indirect tax.
This is a mixed tax position therefore it will suit an individual with either a private client or corporation tax background who is interested in broadening their technical specialism and learn new areas of taxation. The team is looking for an individual who will deal with compliance work and will also become involved in advisory and planning projects.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Handing a wide range of tax compliance matters for the client portfolio including personal tax returns, partnership returns and corporation tax returns;
- Completion of tax returns and tax reporting for individuals and onshore and offshore companies;
- Respond to HMRC and client enquiries regarding their personal and corporation tax affairs;
- Corresponding with HMRC, clients and other third parties regarding the on-going management of the clients' tax affairs;
- Dealing with on-boarding of new clients, registering clients for annual tax filings and dealing with the closure of corporate entities, filing final tax returns and de-registration;
- Ability to assist with HMRC enquiries and prepare correspondence;
- Working closely with senior staff to develop advisory and technical tax planning skills;
- Confidently deal with client enquires, produce explanatory letters regarding HMRC;
- Has the ability to identify tax planning and/or tax relief opportunities when analysing data to prepare tax returns;
- Filing P11D's, notifying clients when payments are due, arranging repayments and maintaining schedules of tax information for each client;
- Assisting with the billing and ensuring that the internal client workflow records are up-to-date; and
- The individual will have exposure to EU and international tax planning advisory work with the opportunity to take on more advisory responsibility in the future.
ATT qualified or equivalent
3 years tax experience in a professional services firm
Good time management skills, ability to work under pressure and manage workload to efficiently meet strict deadlines