Interim Finance Director Tech Scale-Up online marketplace
Interim Finance Director | Tech scale–up
Reporting jointly into the Finance Director and COO, your role will have a dual aspect: supporting the launch of a new online product, while also providing mentoring and support to the Finance Director.
The group of client companies (combined t/o of GBP100 million+ with a healthy EBITDA) is anticipated to continue a 40–50% YOY growth trajectory. Subsequently, an experienced CFO, Finance Director or Group Financial Controller is required to provide support to the FD as the finance function continues to scale. Alongside these activities, you will act as Finance Business Partner to the CEO, COO and FD in respect to launching a well–invested digital product, for which you will have full ownership of the investment case, P&L, pitch deck etc.
The ideal candidate will have trained in a Big 4 environment, before moving into industry.
What we need to see (Essential):
- ACA (preferred), ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Experience of leading a successful audit within a business with a turnover in excess of GBP20 million.
- High level of commercial finance proficiency: modelling, forecasting, pricing strategies etc.
- Strong technical knowledge surrounding financial reporting best practice.
- Experience of building high–quality investor 'pitch decks' for fundraising purposes.
- Confident public speaking and presentation skills.
- A high level of self–awareness and emotional intelligence: your role is 'trusted advisor' rather than leader.
What we'd like to see (Non–essential):
- Previous experience of having built and supervised the whole or part of a finance function within a business which has experienced 'hyper' levels of growth e.g. Zoopla, Deliveroo etc.
- Previous experience of fundraising via VCs, Angel Investors and Crowdfunding etc.
- Exposure to a businesses with a commercial real estate or digital product element.
Duration: 6 months initial (possibility of a temp–perm arrangement)
Rate: Negotiable depending upon experience.