Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an Accountant for an instantly recognisable global financial services organisation in the Manchester.
The Finance team of 40+ professionals based in Manchester provides world class financial accounting services to the controllers of the group. This is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment.
The EMEA Finance team has grown significantly over the past 4 years with the ever–changing requirements from the Regulators. The team is made up of very strong Accountants, who prepare reports relating to balance sheet, P&L, capital and liquidity.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
- The role involves production of EMEA external regulatory and statistical reporting within prescribed regulatory deadlines and production of internal regulatory reporting for business management and decision making, including daily monitoring of internal reports for capital adequacy, liquidity and large exposures, monthly dashboards on capital and liquidity and submissions to the US head office regulatory team.
- Prepare/post journal entries for complex business transactions and inter–company transactions
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and/or bank accounts
- Perform accruals, adjustments, and intercompany transactions
- Assist with the month end, quarter–end and the year–end close
- Perform basic research of financial data to support senior colleagues in the analysis of financial information.
- Identify and resolve exceptions
This role includes excellent growth potential within Finance and can also serve as a gateway to other areas within the business. Your success will largely derive from your technical and analytical abilities as you take on multiple projects/tasks within tight timelines. The quality of your work product will also be key and should demonstrate attention to detail and sound judgment.
The successful applicant will be either be a qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or someone coming from a similar role, coupled with a strong academic record.
You will have experienced within working with complex departments; have great verbal and written communication skills and in–depth knowledge of 'controls'; regulatory reporting experience ideal; experience of a fast moving, complex, highly controlled, multi–national/ functional organisation; analytical with an inquisitive/challenging mind set and significant experience of accounting systems and processes (e.g. advanced user of excel)
Due to the multi–faceted nature of this position it is essential that the successful individual has proven experience in relationship building, influencing others as well as managing people and projects.
In a workplace where teamwork is essential, excellent people skills are a must. Likewise the individual must be diligent with has a keen eye for detail and an analytical mind. If you consider yourself to be a committed, motivated individual, who can demonstrate the above skills then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on .