PAYROLL TAX ANALYST
Boca Raton, FL
3 – 5 years
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides professional and technical support for all payroll tax activities to ensure the timely and accurate remittance and reporting of US federal, state, and local taxes in accordance with governmental regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all periodic, quarterly and annual US payroll tax reconciliation and remittance in an outsourced tax provider environment.
- Investigates and responds to tax authority notices and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements.
- Remains current on new legislation and regulatory rulings impacting payroll.
- Manages state unemployment rates and ensures rates are updated timely in the payroll system.
- Develops and documents tax audits and balancing procedures.
- Serves as a backup to Sr. Payroll Tax Manager as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance. CPP designation required.
- Five (5) years of professional experience handling multi–state payroll taxes.
- Payroll experience with a large multi–state employer required.
- Very high attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Infinium payroll and ADP tax software experience preferred.
- Must have significant knowledge of payroll tax regulations and laws.
- Must possess working knowledge and have experience with ADP Smart Compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively represent the company's interests with the various agencies, write reports, and develop arguments.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time and meet dynamic deadlines with short notice.
- Must possess strong problem solving, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Must be detail oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Must be able to work with computers and the applicable application software used by the department.