Finance Director 1
The Healthcare segment is seeking candidates to develop, drive and execute its business strategy by providing financial leadership and support in the areas of control, planning, financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, interfacing with senior executives, consolidating financial results, identifying possible cost reductions, and operational improvements. The position will support a Vice President of Operations.
It's required that the candidate reside in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas. This is a multi–state leadership position that will require travel 45% to 50% of the time initially; and will stabilize to 25% – 30% travel after the first 1– 2 years.
Be the 'key' finance partner to the Vice President (VPO) to support, guide, 'challenge' and focus on key operational and financial results for his/her area of responsibility – (CFO to the VPO):
D uties include, but are not limited to:
- The ability to interpret, analyze and explain financial information, policies, procedures and external restrictions and controls.
- Experience in Contract Design & Management with the capabilities for executing and accounting for the terms, conditions, service level agreements, and scope.
- Ability to interface with clients for financial / operational matter.
- Ability to interface with multiple unit controllers and GMs leading the financial activities without having necessarily a direct reporting line.
- Understand financial data affecting the financial performance of the area of responsibility, organization as a whole; and using financial data to accurately diagnose business realties, identify key issues, and develop and implement effective strategies and plans.
- Accurately and efficiently conducted a financial analysis involving complex data with little assistance or guidance from others that generated key insight or support for strategic decision making.
- Provide financial assistance in developing Sodexo and client budgets and financial statements.
- Clearly and concisely present the results of analysis, recommendations and strategic implications to senior management.
- The ability to work independently to effectively determine the root cause of problems and identify financial implications; and steps needed to resolve issue.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with key, strategic individuals inside and outside of the organization (e.g. clients, potential clients, vendors/suppliers) to work collaboratively to accomplish mutual goals.
- Ensure 100% compliance with Sodexo financial policies and procedures (be fully
conversant with all A&F polices, accounting procedures, accounting
time–table and other requirements)
- On–site support with new unit start–ups.
Supports an Regional Vice President or Senior Vice President (typically accountable for $100 – $300M). Reports into a Senior Director, Finance. Provides analytical support. Develops budgets and financial statements. Provides financial analysis and recommendations to sr. management. Develops strategy within the region. May have divisional responsibilities. Accountability for implementation of internal controls, and the monitoring of the internal control environment and Sarbanes–Oxley requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.