Sodexo, world leader in quality of life services, has a new opening for an Accountant in the Client Services department at our Financial Shared Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting & prepare client income statements & billings.
- Apply GAAP & objective accounting judgement to knowledge of contractual agreements & company policy.
- Work in a team environment to ensure department deadlines are met.
- Work proactively to prevent problems, and identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Maintain strong business relationships by responding to calls and email correspondence
- Maintain company databases as necessary.
- Support multiple business line activity.
- Work proactively to prevent problems.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management is highly preferred
- Microsoft Office software, including advanced Excel skills
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent human relations skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Contract interpretation skills
- Ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities / accountabilities
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Important Notice: Due to the recent Finance Global Grading process, the title and global grade for this position has been changed to Accountant with a Global Grade of J2. Applicants should take note of this title change which is different than the information that appears on this posting.
Performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data. May include any or all of the following: ledgers and preparation of journal entries; fixed asset or inventory accounting; preparation of trial balance or financial statements; cost accounting; bank account reconciliation.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.