Job Description and Announcement
Company Overview: The mission of St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is to create and preserve equal housing opportunities for low and moderate–income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods. St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is seeking a dynamic Junior Accountant to join the Finance Department.
Job Summary: This position will provide support to the Finance Department by managing daily accounting tasks. The Junior Accountant will be primarily responsible for preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet ledgers, and managing bank reconciliations. This position will also assist with monthly closings and account analysis while supporting the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support with monthly preparation of the financial statements, revenue reconciliation and expense analysis.
- Code expenses to proper general ledger accounts and cost centers and record journal entries as necessary
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Reconciles bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the Finance Department and Rental Services personnel.
- Ensures that escrow and reserve accounts required by lenders are appropriately funded. Coordinates the release of funds from escrow for property repairs and replacements
- Support financial audits by providing needed documentation and information
- Assist with accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc and other internal reports
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures.
- Assists with budgeting and forecasting efforts
- Ensure the completion of assigned tasks in line with established deadline
- Participates and contributes to process improvement initiatives
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or relevant field
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Technical accounting skills
- Residential property management accounting a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Strong organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting or performing other work requiring medium exertion, talking, and hearing on a regular basis to perform the job requirement. These physical demands are required up to 85% of the time.
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest via email to mail – Attn:Director of Human Resources,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full time position plus benefits.
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerCompany Description Company Overview
The mission of St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is to create, preserve and maintain equal housing opportunities for low and moderate–income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods.
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is seeking an energetic, experienced individual to join the Rental Services Department
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest