Accounting Manager, Beijing
For JANUS Limited （www.janus.com.hk)
Janus is a family investment office with a focus on diversified ethical investments in funds, emerging and early stage companies and property and with operations in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. The role is to work for the family holding company as an accounting professional to manage the company’s overall tax and accounting issues. Experience for transactions and financial operations between international markets including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia is highly preferred. The role will be required to travel around the globe from time to time.
Report to: General Manager
- Overall accounting support for the company or its investee companies and property, mainly across Mainland China, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Use Xero to provide cloud based accounting service for the company.
- Assist in global tax issues and manage effective tax rate.
- Fully understand local tax and audit policies and keep main stakeholders updated with the latest local policies and regulations that greatly influence business operation in financial perspective.
- Compile, consolidate, and conduct complex analysis of accounting issues.
- Expense/cost Control - reflected in Budget/Forecast.
- and review balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Draft/update and implement accounting policies/procedures based on local regulatory and HQ requirement.
- to facilitate all external/internal annual audits to make sure all audits completed within the required time frame and with accuracy.
- y control weaknesses, communicate with the management, and make proposals to enhance controls and mitigate risks.
- Maintain records of expenses, actual operating figures for comparison with estimated budget and budget balances.
- Lead the tax accounting work to ensure correct and accurate tax filing.
- Supervise the update/annual inspection of the company’s licenses and certificates.
- Provide and review deliverables including management accounts, consolidation, cash flow statements and draft statutory accounts, financial returns, account disclosure documents; payment instructions and bank reconciliations; employer's returns and other related accounting journal entries.
- Comment on client operating procedures and controls such as petty cash, expense reimbursements, inventory control, etc.
- Project budget management and schedule project timelines.
- Consult with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Bachelor degree or above, prefer major in International Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional working experience in similar positions and industries in multinational companies.
- Advanced knowledge in the areas of finance and accounting and risk analysis.
- Background from investment banking or private equity and/or venture capital preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Analytical, financial and research driven.
- Great team player, results-oriented, self-motivated, open minded, with interest in analytical and operation.
- Excellent communication skills, fast learning ability and strong adaptability.
- Experienced at Excel, PPT and Word.
- -Chinese Bilingual language proficiency.
- Proactive, independent with good interpersonal skill.
- Willingness to travel internationally.