Human Resources / Payroll Manager
Plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities of the hotel and restaurant to maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
This list of duties is not all–inclusive but rather a general guideline. Other duties may be assigned.
?? Assist upper management with the development and administration of compensation and benefit plans, employee assessments and safety programs.
?? Review and administer health insurance and retirement programs. Assist team members with enrollments to the plans per company guidelines and that the plans are provided and administered per proper state and federal regulations.
?? Perform new team member on–boarding responsibilities.
?? Provide new team members with information about work rules, job responsibilities, wages, benefits and, company culture.
?? Process and file employment documents with adherence to all legal state and federal regulations.
?? Twice per week, perform new team member orientations via personal presentation with the use of a power point created for this purpose.
?? Administer the tracking, implementation and filing of documents relative to team member 90–day and annual performance assessments, 401K, health and dental insurance, vacation, transfers, absenteeism, coaching and counseling documents, and personal days.
?? In conjunction with department heads, identify staff vacancies and assist with recruiting, screening and selecting applicants.
?? Maintains the employee database and processes bi–weekly payroll through the ADP payroll system.
?? Provide direction and guidance to upper management relative to FMLA, ADA, OSHA and Workmen's Compensation compliance. Make recommendations for improving safety procedures with the goal of lowering workmen's compensation modifier and promoting a general safe work environment.
?? Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
?? Direct and assist the management team with difficult staff scenarios, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
?? Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
?? Recommend and implement training needs that will assist with employee development such as customer service, blood borne pathogens, sharps disposal, health and safety programs, etc.
?? Assist with the development of employee guidelines, work rules, and the creation of forms or tracking procedures required for the implementation of the previously mentioned.
?? Offer recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
?? Create job descriptions, as needed.
?? Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee terminations and departures.
?? Represent the hotel at personnel–related hearings and investigations.
?? Review emergency response guidelines.
?? Perform responsibilities of "Manager on Duty" as directed by General Manager.
?? Promote a culture of pride, attentiveness, knowledge and friendliness resulting in superior customer service for our guests and a pleasant and enjoyable work environment for all hotel associates.
?? Perform other duties as directed by upper management.
Job Type: Full–time/Salary
- Team Player– partners effectively with all levels of management; communicates effectively with ability to influence and impact people across the organization to create seamless collaboration; displays executive maturity and flexibility in relationships with higher organizational levels
- Planning Organizing– has the ability to think strategically and globally (big picture) in a complex environment with an eye on flawless tactical execution; excellent analytical planning and organizing skills, especially prioritizing and delivering multiple projects/tasks
- Rigorous Execution– builds and executes with measures in place to track processes and results; attacks everything with energy and drive focused on achieving desired and expected results; takes initiative, action oriented delivering on promises and commitments reliably every time
- Process Management– designs and executes standard processes that improve effectiveness, increase speed, and reduce costs; uses data and analytics to identify strengths and weaknesses moving quickly to achieve results
- Innovation– creative, full of ideas and possibilities with broad knowledge; brings exciting ideas to life quickly and effectively by challenging assumptions and working through potential barriers building and sustaining relationships with all stakeholders
- Trustworthy– has a high level of integrity, ethics and discretion maintaining confidences and confidentiality at all times; enthusiastic, positive and effective even in the most complex, conflict ridden, ambiguous situations; is a widely trusted, direct, truthful individual
- Minimum 2 years of experience in HR or Payroll related roles
- Frequently standing, walking, sitting with significant computer usage
- Associate's Degree in Human Resources or a related discipline required
- Service or hospitality industry experience preferred
- ADP software experience preferred
Company Description Best Western Premier
Waterfront Hotel & Conference Center
1 North Main Street Oshkosh, WI 54901