To oversee and maintain all aspects of human resources and payroll oversight and administration. To formulate, implement and administer the HR and payroll policies, procedures, guidelines and programs for the company. Ensure compliance with current rules and regulations related to HR and payroll in multiple states where the company operates.
1. Recruit new employees by preparing job descriptions, posting of positions at various sites and/or working with recruiters as needed; screen candidates and prepare job offers as needed.
2. Prepare documentation for and on–board new employees.
3. Maintain employee records consistent with applicable laws including personnel files for all employees and input appropriate information into system, including vacation, sick time, personal time and other time away from work.
4. Administer employee benefits to include assisting in the selection of medical benefits providers, plan design, enrolling and maintaining records of enrollment and selections by employees and updating as needed.
5. Update Employee Handbook as required for multi–state compliance.
6. Compliance with 401K requirements, assist in the preparation of 5500, EEO and other federal and state requirements.
7. Update and ensure compliance with employment legislation, laws, regulations as enacted in all states that the company operates.
8. Develop annual performance review, progressive discipline forms and process, termination and separation agreements and process.
9. Respond to employee questions promptly regarding company or statutory benefits or other employee agreements and programs.
10. Handle Workers' Compensation claims by filing routine forms, assisting employees with medical claim forms and other related duties.
11. Resolve employee problems/complaints in a professional and timely manner and notify management as needed.
12. Provide counseling and mentoring to management and employees on employment related issues.
13. Perform special projects relating to the Human Resource function as directed by management.
14. Support payroll by being the primary liaison between employees and payroll services.
15. Provide payroll with necessary compliance information to address accruals, rollovers of vacation time, sick time, and various leaves (FMLA, STD, LTD etc.).
16. Sufficient understanding of payroll process to be the backup for the payroll team in the event of vacations and/or other time off.
17. Sufficient understanding of payroll process to be the secondary contact to the payroll processer when primary payroll team member is unavailable.
18. Undertake office manager role including arranging team functions, events, lunch and learns, wellness and other team functions.
19. Maintain the ordering of supplies for the office.
20. Primary contact with the landlord and management company on office related issues.
21. Any other duties and responsibilities as requested by management from time to time.
Requirements: 5+ years of relevant experience; must be extremely detailed oriented, able to multi–task and communicate effectively; proficient in Word and Excel. PHR, SPHR certification preferred but not required.
Location: Headquarters in Beverly, MA
Education: A.D. or B.A. with work experience in HR and payroll.
Company Description Dessange Group North America, which is owned by Dessange International, is the world's leading network of excellence for global beauty. Dessange revolves around two areas of activity–franchises and beauty products. Beauty salons in over 30 countries rely on three complementary brands that give the group full coverage in the hairdressing market: DESSANGE Paris, luxury brand salon and day spa, CAMILLE albane Paris, upscale hair and beauty brand, and Fantastic Sams Hair Salons, full–service, family value brand.