We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join us at Communisis in our Leeds office. As a Financial Controller you will work as a member of the Leeds Senior Management Team, providing accurate, timely and relevant financial information which will facilitate achievement of business goals and targets whilst also managing the local finance department effectively and efficiently.
- Preparation and co–ordination of all financial reporting for the Leeds operation including monthly management accounts to include insightful P&L and balance sheet analysis
- Reporting weekly and monthly P&L forecast & KPI's into the Divisional FD and Group Finance including commentary to explain variances against budget/forecast and prior week
- Maintain Integrity and accuracy of financial ledgers
- Preparation of annual budgets and subsequent monthly reforecasting
- Main contact point for External and Internal audit
- Review and sign off of VAT returns, Intra Stat declarations and EC Sales Listings
- Manage and develop accounting team of two, and oversee and manage relationship with Finance Shared Service Centre
- Manage and forecast working capital at a local level
- Introduce and ensure adherence with Group internal controls
- Liaising with Group finance to ensure alignment with group objectives and reporting
- Providing key day to day finance support to all on site senior management
- Provide Monthly/Quarterly finance review with operations team
- Develop and manage business unit budget
- Preparation and analysis of monthly sales and profitability reporting for the business units
- Provide meaningful and insightful MI to assist the business with relevant decision making to drive business performance
- Highlight key trends, opportunities and possible threats to the business and suggest and implement new procedures
- Identify, write and present investment cases alongside the business units
What you'll bring
- Strong technical and management accounting experience
- Experience of change management would be an advantage
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Commercially focused with a high level of business acumen, as well as the ability to digest and interpret large amounts of financial information
- Strong influencing skills, ability to build and manage relationships both within local operations but also with Divisional Executive team
- The ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels, across multiple areas of specialism
- Professional and positive approach, self–motivated
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate and challenge at all levels
Communisis is in the business of Customer Communications. The company is headquartered in London, listed on the London Stock Exchange and has offices across the UK and EMEA.
Communisis has over 200 years of industry experience in marketing, transactional and regulatory multi–channel customer communications. We enable major brands and service industries to communicate effectively and scalably with their customers using the channel of their choice.
We support our customers across every step of the value chain from the initial strategy, planning & design through to execution and monitoring.