£33136.00 - £41846.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
37.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for an Accountant to join our well regarded Financial Operations Division to work within the Resources, Solihull Community Housing (an Arm’s length management organisation) and Commercial Finance Team.
The Financial Operations Division are proud of our proven track record of delivering an excellent service. As a CIPFA platinum accredited employer, our approach to maintaining a three Year Medium Term Financial Strategy has been held up as good practice nationally and for a number of years we have achieved External Audit reports with no recommendations for improvement. We believe in investing in training and providing support for staff to develop their careers.
In this role you will work closely with your customers providing strategic advice to support them in managing their budgets and delivering savings targets.
- Act as the finance lead in the delivery of specific projects and programmes.
- Provide professional financial advice to a combination of Solihull MBC and Solihull Community Housing Chief Officers, Senior Managers and Budget holders.
- Help deliver a challenging savings agenda.
- Develop procedures and processes to improve performance.
Experience of working in a professional finance environment and financial management and accounting skills. including preparing budgets, monitoring, forecasting, analysing and reconciling complex data will be critical for this role. As a fully qualified accountant, you will also possess 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Language A*-C or 4-9 (or equivalent level 2 qualification) and have current membership of CCAB or CIMA. You will also have:
- Knowledge of Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and finance related legislation as well as experience of interpreting and applying such legislation
- Experience of reviewing and developing accounting procedures, processes and policies
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills at all levels, up to and including Members
- Ability to produce accurate quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines and competing demands.
- Proven negotiating and challenging skills
- Experience of using Excel (or equivalent) at an advanced level and also financial systems and software packages.
As well as being part of a successful and well managed department, we also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount card
Please contact Lauren Beach, Senior Accountant, for an informal discussion on 0121 704 6281.
Interviews to be held on Tuesday 26th June 2018.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.