The Project Accountant role will be responsible for the running of the entire finance function for the projects and programmes division. They will need to business partner with Project Managers and Executives to support in decision making and strategy.
Based in Oxfordshire, my client is a well known organisation within the Science and Research sector.
The key responsibilities of the Project Accountant will be:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts etc.
- Direct line management for 1 individual.
- Business Partnering with senior managers and project executives.
- Attend funding and donor meetings.
- Act as a key point of contact for external auditors.
- Establish and implement systems and processes to improve efficiency.
The ideal candidate for the Project Accountant role will be:
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA).
- Able to demonstrate previous project accounting experience.
- Able to demonstrate previous business partnering experience.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have good IT and Excel skills.
My client is offering a competitive salary and pension package.