Priority Area Delivery Advisor
3 days left
- Full time
About the Ethiopia Tax Transformation Office (TTO)
In February 2017, the Ethiopian Revenue & Customs Authority (ERCA) Director General established a Tax Transformation Office (TTO), with the objective of supporting and delivering an ambitious tax transformation. The transformation is one of the Prime Minister’s top priorities and is already starting to create significant impact for the country.
The TTO seeks to expand and is looking to hire and audit professional with 3+ years of experience in tax audit, with experience at a top international audit firm preferred.
About the role
The Audit Delivery Advisor role will work directly to support the Head of the TTO to ensure the success of the ERCA’s tax audit initiatives. The Delivery Advisor will be paired with a professional from within ERCA, whom they will be responsible for coaching and training.
The Delivery Advisor and ERCA professional will together support the implementation of two to five tax audit initiatives. Likely support will involve problem solving to overcome issues, advice and training on implementation, escalation of risks and problems and tracking overall progress.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Supporting Initiative Owners to build, carry out and track work plans
- Tracking and reporting initiative progress, including preparing reports for the TTO head and Prime Minister’s Office
- Tracking and mitigating initiative risks
- Problem solving with Initiative and Sub-Initiative Owners
- Building capabilities of and running training for Initiative Owners, Sub-Initiative Owners and other involved parties
- Managing upward reporting and escalation of initiative progress
- Mentoring and coaching ERCA TTO employees on project work and professional development, building skills in structuring and problem solving, project management and communication
What the role offers:
The Delivery Advisor will join an organisation driving fundamental change in Ethiopia. Ultimately the role will be an opportunity to ensure the success of an organisation and delivery of a programme that is a crucial component in the future of Ethiopia. You will be given the opportunity lead and execute on high impact projects; to manage others and play a role in their professional development and be expected to take a large degree of ownership and independence in order to shape the success of the TTO going forward.
- 3+ years experience in tax audit, with experience at a top international audit firm strongly preferred
- Excellent professional and academic credentials
Additionally, exceptional candidates will have experience in the following:
- Transforming the processes of an organisation, of particular value is background in driving organisational change through collaborating on initiatives with stakeholders
- Implementation design and delivery in an emerging market
Finally, all potential candidates should demonstrate these core competencies:
- Excellent project management skills
- Stakeholder and people management skills
- Proven ability to inspire, coach and develop others from different backgrounds
- Mental toughness, resilience and the ability to cope in demanding environments
- An entrepreneurial, can-do attitude to overcome barriers and enact change
- Developing country experience desirable but not essential
Candidates should be willing to commit to 12-18 months at a minimum, and preference will be given to candidates who can commit for 24 months.
Compensation is dependent upon qualifications
Apply for Priority Area Delivery Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly