Finance Business Partner
My Client, a large Public Sector and Government organisation in Stevenage are in need of a Finance Business Partner to join them. This will be a brilliant opportunity to work for a great company and have a real commercial impact on the team & business moving forward.
My client are a corner stone of the community within which they operate. They are long established and constantly trying to improve processes. A big part of this is the analysis work that is done by the finance team & in turn the business partners they have, that liaise with operational heads to interpret the data.
My client by creating this structure of the business partners have managed to create fulfilling commercial roles that are brilliant for the candidates; and have allowed non finance managers to access and understand key financial information.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this Finance Business Partner is responsible for:
- The production of Management Accounts and associated reporting for the business on a monthly, daily and ad-hoc basis.
- Supporting the Service business area as specified Finance Business Partner
- The production of Management Accounts and associated reporting on a monthly, daily and ad-hoc basis for the Service Business Area
- Assist with the production of Management Accounts and associated reporting for other areas of the business as required
Finance Business Partner
- Supporting the designated area as Financial Business Partner undertaking:
- ad-hoc requests for analysis and reporting;
- advice & guidance,
- analysis of revenue trends and associated data,
- being pro-active in running scenarios,
- giving recommendations
- questioning business areas in relation to anomalies etc.
- Build strong relationships with the Service Business Area in order to build trust, confidence and to inspire business areas to take responsibility for budgets and request information from the Business Partner in order to aid business decisions.
- Attend Profit Centre Reviews as finance representative, giving advice and guidance and challenging as required.
- Preparing and issuing accurate and timely daily, monthly, annual and ad-hoc reports for the Service Business Area of responsibility; prepared in line with external and internal customer requirements as well as meeting at least the minimum level of financial control & governance
- The production of accurate and timely financial data for the Service Business Area for future consolidation into the wider financial data
- Work closely with the Service Business Area to formulate budgets and forecast standard models.
- To build, forecast and monitor business area budgets.
- Undertake profitability analysis and feed results into business area.
- Investigate variances.
- Encourage ownership of budgets by relevant budget managers in business areas.
- Giving advice and guidance on budget management.
- Budget planning on a monthly and annual basis;
- Quarterly budget forecasting;
- Feeding into the 3 year strategic planning process by the provision of information for use by the Financial Controller
- Undertake project work as part of Business Area Project Teams,
- Giving advice and guidance,;
- Occasional specific projects to manage personally
- Part qualified accountant, studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA - preferred - or CIMA)
- Experience in a management accountant or finance business partner role
- Analytical thinker with hands-on experience of financial data analysis and reporting, able to extract and communicate complex analysis and trends clearly and concisely to non-finance managers
- Relationship builder and credible professional, experienced in managing stakeholders
- Ambitious, willing to make an impact on business
- Competent user of MS Office tools, in particular Excel at intermediate level (complex formulas, lookups, pivots, links; macro knowledge not required)
- All-round technical and commercial finance knowledge with previous experience in finance business partnering / commercial finance in a technology focused environment
On offer is a brilliant opportunity for a commercial part qualified candidate to further their experience at a great new company.
Due to the nature of this opportunity arising, this will be an opportunity to progress and develop as an accountant/analyst.