Payroll Officer (Temporary)
Job Profile Job Title: Payroll Officer
Organisation: ParagonDepartment: Payroll
Location: DagenhamReports To: HR Operations manager
Duration: Temp – 3 months
Main Purpose of Job
We are a large multi–site Customer Communication company based in 10 locations around the UK with a headcount of 2000 employees.
We are looking for a Senior Administrator/Payroll Officer to work under direction and general supervision of the HR Operations manager based out of our Essex site. It will be expected that the candidate will manage the administration of our SAP payroll system for approx. 700 employees.
To provide a highly effective and operationally efficient administration support to the payroll function, ensure compliance and reflecting best practice. Having an up to date knowledge of employment tax laws and regulations is essential in order to maintain compliance, this will include subjects surrounding pension contributions and legislative updates.
- Responsible for processing and reconciliation of monthly payroll via SAP payroll
- Calculating and processing of SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP in line with current legislation.
- Producing month end reports and statistics.
- Undertake the day to day maintenance of the payroll system.
- Submission of all RTI files to HMRC.
- Support the Payroll Officer in year–end duties including payroll year end, P11d
- Administering auto enrolment with various pensions' schemes, Scottish Widows & AEGON.
- Journal preparation.
- Ensure the completion of all month–end tasks including the production of scheduled reports, payment and reconciliation of third party deductions etc.
- Support the Payroll Officer with the integration of SAP payroll to our in house system
The successful candidate will have:
- Advance Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Support team members to ensure a high performance culture is adhered to
- Be highly analytic and have confidence in working with complex data.
- Strong knowledge of current payroll legislation.
- Be organised, diligent and able to manage their own workload and work to deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Prior experience of Time and Attendance System Rota Horizon would be desirable however not essential.