Senior Project Accountant
The Senior Project Accountant role is an integral part to this global research organisation's major project and programmes function. The successful candidate will liaise directly with senior project managers and help drive the organisations major programmes on.
BAsed in Wallingford, my client is a global research organisation that focuses on improving peoples lives by providing scientific research and information to solve problems with the environment and agriculture.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Project Accountant will be:
- Manage, motivate and provide on the job training for 1 member of staff to ensure their objectives are successfully achieved and the smooth running of the project finance function.
- Responsible for the accounting, budgeting and forecasting processes of the project programmes.
- Establish, implement and communicate policies, processes and controls to ensure that the requirements for financial control and reporting are met for donor contracts.
- Ensure timely production of all financial reports for both internal and donor use, including month-end reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide a business partnering function to the Programme Executive and Project Managers.
- Attend donor meetings and Programme Boards as required.
- Ensure that all Programme donor contracts, Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) and related PFAs are complete, authorised in accordance with project management processes.
- Ensure correct project set up.
The successful candidate for the Senior Project Accountant will:
- Hold a relevant accounting qualification.
- Educated to degree level.
- Have demonstrable experience with project accounting.
- Have demonstrable experience of managing staff and working in a team.
- Be IT literate.
My client is offering a basic salary of £45,000 with a generous pension offer and a flexible working atmosphere.