Business Analyst - MIFID
Business Analyst – MIFID
One of our large Financial clients is currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst with strong regulatory experience within the Banking sector
The regulatory change team consists of experienced professionals working to implement multiple regulations including the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II/ MiFIR).
This role is for a Business Analyst will be responsible for the analysis & definition of the business requirements, functional specifications (if required) and operational architecture for functional work streams
The Business Analyst must be able to:–
MiFID Costs & Charges Data/Business Analyst
- Help define and scope an enterprise proof of concept to cover a centralised EPDS solution for multiple Lines of business
- Help define business and data requirements to meet EPDS obligations
- Involved in supporting technical architects in the definition and design of an enterprise solution
- Work with lines of business to define test scenarios and cases traceable to business requirements and support test execution as required
- Provide support in the identification and resolution of EPDS related business issues
- Provide industry view to ensure appropriateness of enterprise solution
The EMEA Markets Strategic Regulatory Office manages, executes and oversees major strategic regulatory programmes across Securities Finance, Capital Markets, Global FX, Liquidity Services and Collateral Management business lines in the EMEA region.
MiFID II / MiFIR is an EU directive that aims to harmonise regulation for investment services across the EU
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Good knowledge of FX, Capital Markets, Securities Finance and Collateral Management.
- Knowledge and experience of working in regulatory projects specially MiFID I or MiFID II or MAD/MAR or EMIR or Dodd–Frank or SFTR would also be helpful but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with experience of working productively and appropriately with internal and external senior level stakeholders in large complex Financial Institutions.
- Good in–depth business knowledge of custody (securities processing and cash processing) and global cash management practices.
- Well–developed understanding of regulatory and compliance matters and a track record of delivering effective and appropriate solutions to complex regulatory requirements.
- In–depth understanding and working knowledge of best–in–class methods, tools and techniques for elicitation and documentation of internal and external client needs and associated requirements.
- Able to take personal responsibility for delivering accurate results to challenging timescales.
- Ability to gain deep understanding of application architecture and end–to–end operation flows across multiple systems and between the Company and our clients; and to propose appropriate associated MIS procedures and reporting.
- Organised, proactive and dependable.